Dook Dook!

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Stressful Week!

For the past week or so I've had no internet, which really sucks but it was all my net providers muck up- this made me furious. Actually Regardless of the internet, I've been so tense and stressed the past couple of weeks. Today in particular was horrible. The stress ended up causing my TMJ to start up and that was incredibly painful. I also had a headache, maybe caused from the TMJ. I felt completely sick the entire day and was bed ridden due to pain. What fun!  This blog post will probably be a whole lot of blabbering, so expect it to be alittle long. ;)

The other day I've had 3 - 4 people throw hate or negative comments my way. This I didn't particularly enjoy. I don't really appreciate people who indirectly claim or assume something because I breed whole prey for my ferrets. To some degree I can understand, and I try to understand from others perspective, but still its never enough because people always try to pin point issues to keep the nuisance dramas fired up. Now I've decided that I don't have time for people who continue to try and push their views and opinions my way in this topic, because for one, I know I'm not doing anything wrong by any of my animals, and two, I certainly don't need this stress.

Before the easter weekend or what ever, I finally got a call from my course provider--whom was suppose to get me work placement in some animal related area so I could gain experience. I was excited, because finally, 8 + weeks on and they finally contact me. But my excitement fell out the window and was run over by a truck when they mentioned they got me placement in an area which I had no had any interest in doing. The whole phone call was nasty nasty stressful and boy do I feel that I was not listened to, or taken seriously.  For the past couple of months, no since last year in fact, I've tried so hard and have studied so hard because I have a goal that I wish to acomplish, then at this time when I was on the phone to some sarcastic dodo, I felt like everything was just flushed down the drain. How quickly I felt discouraged and wished to just give up and not even try anymore. So yeah, for the remainder of the day I did sulk, and I did cry because I bloody well needed it, then I felt stronger and refreshed. 

Scrapping my random blog blabber now, today was not that bad-- if you forget the pain in the jaw (TMJ), headache, and random pain related nausea. I didn't exactly do anything interesting. I did read some of my new books which I got the other day. I also received my whole prey order and that made me pretty darn happy. My whole prey order was $130 worth of Quail, & Ducklings. Quail is new and I was pretty excited to try the three dumplings with the quail! Which I actually did this afternoon. First with the feathers on, someone ate the head and they didn't touch the rest of the bird. Sooo, I plucked the feathers, which by the way, is quite satisfying (Kind of like popping a pimple, or a blister- okay sick examples lol), but at the same time is disturbing and creepy as hell. After I did that, all three did start experimenting with the bird and I managed to get Yuuki and Beavis eating some, actually even Haru ate some so that was great! All three ferrets seem to be increasing slightly in appetite. They actually cut back for a short time but now are eating more. Seasonal changes are so interesting. Haru is losing her mask, which is sad because she is such a cutie with her mask on, though I cannot wait to see coat changes.  Everyone has been quite cheeky during play time. Beavis and Yuuki had found a way to open my closet, which Is a no ferret zone, so I had to figure out how to keep them out. My closet is a double sliding door one, and I placed a thick paint brush through the inside between doors. This made it hard for the ferrets to push the doors open so I win this round!! :D

The other day, I got some new books. 5 new books in fact.
I came across three books which I thought were kind of adorable, and had to buy them. Sherlock ferret books. Its meant for young kids, but ohhh weeellll.

The two other books are about the petfood industry. "Food Pets Die For" isn't a favourite, though I do like some of the information in the book. There is some things I don't particularly agree on (especially the recipes for cat food), maybe I will do a review once I actually finish it.

"Buyer Beware" is my favourite of the two. It contains valuable information and this one I do recommend people buy. The reason I mainly bought these was so that I could have study material. After purchasing "Raw Meaty Bones" by Dr Tom Lonsdale, I started to collect books in the nutrition area, this also included things in regards to pet food, so that I would have places to check for second references if I were to write something.

Anyway, I may wrap this blog post up for now since it is getting pretty long and I do feel like heading off to bed.

The good things that happened this week was that Cora had her litter, and now Koko has randomly had her litter which once again took me by surprise-- she has a habit of this!


Post a Comment

 
 
Back To Top