Dook Dook!

Saturday 30 January 2016

First Try: Freeze Dried Raw.




Good morning everyone!

It's actually 2AM and I should be sleeping, but I wanted to talk about something.
On the 12th of December I randomly decided to cut up some steak and try myself with some freeze dried raw. This is my first time and it really turned out quite well. 

It took little over 6 weeks before my beef rump steak had completely dried out.
Silly me however, Cut them too large in size, so It may have taken me a lot longer than I was expecting it to. Even for cooked meat, I usually takes me about 3-4 weeks.


I checked for moisture before I thawed a piece, and none was found. I tried again after I thawed a piece and again, no moisture so it turned out perfect. As you can see in my photo above this blog entry, I have some fat in there. The rump steak had a long strip of fat and there's no use wasting it since ferrets can use the fat for energy. The fat itself felt smooth and somewhat oily in texture, I'm probably not explaining it correctly rofl.

I did try them out with Haru (my little sable female) and she approves of these treats.
I added nothing to them, they were simply meat from the rump of a cow and organic.

Haru says that they were very tasty and she would give me a 5 star rating! She says, All ferrets should have this healthy, delicious, meaty treat and that everyone should throw all their commercial treats away and make their own! 

My little girl is quite right! I agree, and if you're interested in trying to make your own freeze dried treat, feel free to check out my recipe.


See you around!






Post a Comment

 
 
Back To Top